Wednesday, May 27, 2009

I am going to STARVE!!!

I am going to starve!!!!

OK OK I know you are wondering what in the world is this crazy lady talking about. LOL
I had my appointment with Doc H and let me start off by saying he is AMAZING!! I found out that for my age and height I am over weight so that is not good. Doc H has put me on a massive diet. Let me tell you I can not eat anything. If God did not make it I can not eat it. If it is meat I can only have a piece that is the size of a deck of cards. I have to eat all vegetables and can only cook in olive oil. Not to mention I can not drink anything either. I am not a vegetarian but it looks like I am going to become one really quick. All of this is not due to the weight, now having to exercise 2 hours a day is but not the diet. LOL He looked at my lab work and I WAS RIGHT. The the blood work shows I am PCOS. I knew it!! He told me my levels are off and I need to be on Metformin. In a few hours I will go for more blood work and Hubby gets to have his blood drawn this time as well :)

Doc H did an ultrasound and found that my ovaries do not appear to have lots of cysts at this time. I am so thankful they are clear right now. But he did find that my endometrium is 7MM thick and I just got off my period this is not good. But the good news is we can fix this.

WE HAVE A PLAN!!!!!
I am so excited we now have a plan and a great doctor!! I left his office with HOPE and 4 prescriptions. I left knowing that I have PCOS and now a doctor knows it and is treating me for it. I left knowing someone is listening to ME!! I have tears in my eyes right now ... It has been so long since someone (doctors) would listen and understand what I am going through that I am so happy to have Doc H.

The Plan

Lab blood work on 5/27/09 Chempanel Basic, HDL, Prolactin, Cystic Fibrosis and others
Take Folgard, 81 mg aspirin, pre-baby vitamins, Metformin (listed below) and additional folic acid prescription.
Metformin = 500 mg tab
Week 1 = one per day
Week 2 = one pill twice daily
Week 3 = one pill three times daily
Week 4 = two pills twice daily
every week after continue two pills twice daily

On day one of next cycle call office to schedule HSG X-Ray
He gave me Valium to take 30 min before this appointment and then Doxycline for 14 days after treatment.

Then we go from there :)

Did you know how many items have high fructose corn syrup in them?? EVERYTHING ..... Well not everything but dang near it. I was in shock at how many products have this in it. I found out from Doc H that high fructose corn syrup and modified corn starch should be considered poison to your body and that of your children and future children. I did not know this at all. I checked and even my mayonnaise has it in it!! Can you believe that?? I mean DAMN it is in everything and it is SUPER BAD for you. Read your labels and see just how much of this crap we are eating. I am floored and I know what I am going to be doing .... throwing all that stuff out that is for sure.

Well I could not sleep and wanted to tell everyone about my appointment. But now that I have I am super tired. Hubby and I went on a 3 1/2 mile bike ride tonight and I think it just hit me. LOL

Baby Dust to all :)

8 comments:

Mrz. Hannah Myhre said...

YAY!!! I'm SO Glad that your DR. Appt went so GREAT!!!!! Sounds like you have a wonderful Plan TOO;)

Praying for you!!!

Hugs,
Hannah

Wes and Dani said...

Jennifer!

We should totally be diet buddies. That's what I'm going to do. My first RE appt. isn't until June 27, (that's one month from today!) Until then I'm just going to try to exercise and eat healthier and see what'll happen.

I'm glad your Dr. prescribed you the metformin. It helps a lot of women. I've been taking it for 6 months (but only 1000mg a day). I warn you, it'll probably irritate your stomach for the first few weeks. Be patient!

Good luck, congrats on the new Dr. actually doing something (I know all about frustrating Dr's.), and let's be in touch!

Happy Dieting!

*TTC*Chick* said...

Sorry, that last post I was logged in under my other account, but I wanted you to know it was me, *TTC*Chick*. :)

Joanna said...

Congrats! I have PCOS as well. To find a Dr that listens and has a plan - HUGE! Very happy for you. PCOS has insulin resistence issues so not surprised about diet and exercise. I haven't been able to stay to the diet and other issues keeps me from exercising. Good luck! My Mom had thick overies and they had to cut in a wedge in her overy and that was almost 40 years ago! Glad you have hope.

You got a super cute blog yourself! Thanks for stopping by mine.

twondra said...

I'm soooo glad the appointment went well and you have a plan! I've always felt tons better after having a plan. Good luck sweetie! I'm thinking of you!!

UnicornMommy said...

yeah for a plan.

boo for starving!

Kasey said...

You were ahead of me in roll call at SITS so I thought I'd stop by. It's so nice to find a Dr that will listen to you. So many of them just talk at you. I wish you the best.

twondra said...

Thank you so much for your comment on my blog. It means so much. (((HUGS)))