Friday, August 21, 2009

HCG Update

Well ladies the results of my HCG test are in ................................... My level was 53 on Tuesday and on Thursday the levels went UP to 180!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am scheduled for an ultra sound on September 14th.

Doc H had the lab check my thyroid and my levels came back high in the T something. So this means I am hypothyroidism and I have an under active thyroid. So now I have a thyroid disorder to add to my other disorders. He called in a script for Levothyroxin and I will be taking that every day as well as all my other pills. We will be re checking my thyroid levels in 6 to 8 weeks. I will talk to Doc H on the 14th about re testing my levels sooner. I am taking 90 mg of progesterone every morning and will continue this through my 1st trimester.

My EDD is April 24th. Today I am 4 weeks 6 days pregnant.

Pray for my little miracle and me please :)
Sticky thoughts!!

Baby Dust to all!!!!!!

10 comments:

UnicornMommy said...

praise the Lord!!!
Holy cow.

I'm all smiles for you.

hugs.

Mommy to a miracle said...

Yay for good numbers!!

Mary said...

That is the best news EVER:)

Dawn said...

What wonderful news!!!

Mary Shomon, thyroid patient advocate said...

Jennifer -- congratulations! I saw your blog post, and wanted to pop over just to add a note about the thyroid issue. You definitely want to get your thyroid checked way before 6-8 weeks from now. During my first trimester, pregnant with an underactive thyroid, I was tested every 2-3 weeks. That's bec. most women need their dosage adjusted- as durign first trimester, the baby has no ability to produce thyroid, so relies on your. You also need to make sure you don't take the thyroid medication same time as pre-natal vitamins or calcium. Iron/calcium can interefere with effectiveness of the thyroid meds. There is a lot to know about healthy pregnancy with thyroid treatment, and most doctors aren't up on it. I recommend you read my book, Thyroid Hormone Breakthrough. I've got info at the site http://www.thyroidbreakthrough.com as well. The book has chapters on how to manage thyroid issues during pregnancy and after, what your thyroid levels should be, how often to test, etc. Have a wonderful, healthy pregnancy!

twondra said...

I'm sooo happy for you!!! (((HUGS)))

blueviolet said...

Hi! You were in front of me on the SITS list this morning so I'm visiting you!

I'm so glad your numbers are going higher. This is great news! September 14th will be a special day when you can peek at your little miracle!

Happy Saturday!

Sarah Brown said...

I will keep you in my prayers!

Happy Saturday Sharefest!
Brown Paper Packages Tied up with Strings....
Stop by to check out a few of my favorite things!!

http://sarahbrownsfavoritethings.blogspot.com/

UnicornMommy said...

april 24th would have been my parent's 38th wedding anniversary. They were high school sweethearts.

It's a wonderful day to have a baby. :-)

Melissa B. said...

Sounds like congrats are in order...SITS sent me by, and I'm glad they did!